Welcome to SNPLA’s Veterinary Training Program! We are excited to offer our veterinary community the opportunity to come train with us in high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter (HQHVSN) surgical and clinical techniques. We recognize the need for our colleagues to have these types of professional experiences in order to build confidence and feel competent in the surgery suite.
- To introduce veterinary professionals (surgeons, nurses, etc) to the principles and methods of HQHVSN and provide a quality hands-on experience
- To give veterinarians a range of spay/neuter surgical procedures and ample “table time” to practice the repetition needed to build a strong surgical skillset
- To encourage our veterinary community to seek out professional opportunities in HQHVSN surgery, non-profit veterinary wellness, animal shelter medicine and animal welfare.
Veterinarian Trainee Requirements
- California veterinary license (in good standing)
- Personal professional veterinary liability insurance
- Interest in HQHVSN surgery and non-profit veterinary wellness is strongly encouraged
*We are also seeking participation by any interested veterinary nurses/final year RVT students
Currently, surgeons are scheduled on weekdays as program availability allows. Please complete the application linked below and make sure to give specific days of the week you are available and will commit for training. We are willing to work with trainees to provide a recurring weekly surgery day or up to three consecutive weekdays. The training program does not operate on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays.
Note: The VTP schedule is made months in advance; we ask that you plan ahead and commit to your training days. As of now, there are no fees set for the program. Also, we unfortunately do not yet offer AAVSB RACE CE but are seeking approval!
LINK TO PROGRAM APPLICATION